Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Product Review: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense

Well hi there!

       My weekend/start of this week has been so ridiculously busy! Between briefings, meetings, and house hunting, I just haven't had time to post anything. If you ever have to make an overseas move, you'll understand. But, we did find our most perfect house! I'll be making a post specifically for the house tomorrow. For now, let's get into what this post is specifically about.

IMG_0321
       I have been eyeing this product for quite some time, but I couldn't justify spending $16 on what is essentially a lip gloss. Today on my trip to the PX (the Walmart or Target of Army posts) I went to the Clinique counter and saw that they had the Intense Chubby Sticks for waaaay less than Dillards, or any other store with a Clinique counter. I was able to snag up these two babies for $12 a piece! (I got another super awesome product as well, but it deserves a review all by itself.)

IMG_0325 IMG_0346
   I got the colors Mightiest Maraschino and Heftiest Hibiscus. To me, these were the most vivid and pigmented of the eight shades. Mightiest Maraschino is a deep red with purple undertones. Heftiest Hibiscus is a bright fuchsia with almost a golden shimmer. The swatches pictured aren't quite true to color, because of my cameras uncooperative flash.
   While these are in no way shape or form a lip stain, they do seem to last a good hour or two. They would be a great "top coat" over a lip stain, just to add shine and give it that extra boost of color. These two will definitely become a staple in my day to day beauty routine. I'm so happy that I was able to find them for cheaper than at department stores! Just a reminder, these are the Chubby Stick Intense lip balms, NOT the regular Chubby Stick lip balms. The pigmentation of the two are VERY different. I would definitely not recommend the regular Chubby Sticks to anyone, but I would definitely recommend these.

 How do you like this product, or even the original version? I want to know what you think!

XOXO,

Megan

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad they have the chubby stick intense in the PX! I was literally planning to buy some this morning when I next go and see my Mom in Germany, such a good price! Just followed your blog :)
    Www.living-with-olivia.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete