Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ikea: A Very Magical Place

Yesterday, I was finally able to convince my husband to take me to Ikea. I've never been to one before, so I was pretty stinkin' excited about it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it definitely exceeded all expectations that I might've had. I have found my heaven, you guys. Seriously. 
Having just moved into a new house, there were many things we needed. Well, things that I, as a housewife, needed. I'm sure my husband could have done without. But nonetheless, we got quite a few wonderful things. 
vivan-pair-of-curtains__0143458_PE303048_S4
ferle-pair-of-curtains__0149737_PE307914_S4

The first thing that we desperatley needed were curtains. In our living room, we have windows that are about  twelve feet wide, and the land lord had up these God awful white doiley curtains that I just had to get rid of.  One either end of our windows, we have the white and grey patterned curtains (14,99), and the grey ones(7,99) in the center window. I'm in love with the way they look!

rug
The next thing we got for our living room is this gorgeous grey floral rug. Hubs actually picked it out all by himself! At 19,99 this was a steal! Online, I had thought that this rug was just the typical doormat size, but it's actually about 6' x 4'. 

skurar-lantern-for-block-candle__0153854_PE312297_S4 sommarkul-dish-towel__0174267_PE328063_S4
Next on my list were curtain panels for our kitchen window and some type of utensil holder for my spatulas, spoons, etc. I could not for the life of me find curtain panels, so I had to get creative. I found these large rectangle cloths (2,50) that are apparently dish towels, and decided to somehow make them work as make-shift curtains. I got two, hung them with curtain hooks long-ways, and ta-da! Theyre perfect curtains. For my cooking utensils, I got this white candle holder (5,90). It fits everything perfectly and looks super cute!

I am looking forward to our next Ikea trip. I already have a list of things to get, one of those items being a desk so I can start blogging properly! I'll be posting photos of all of these items and how I used them soon. Our house is still in the process of "coming together" so it may be a few weeks. But pictures will be up sooner or later, I promise!
For those of you back home, have a lovely day! For my readers here in Europe, I hope you have the sweetest of dreams! Ciao! 

XOXO, 

Megan

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing. Your posts are super informative and there great to read. I'm really glad I stumbled upon your blog.

    I've recently started my own beauty and fashion blog and I would love it if maybe you could check it out and maybe give me some feedback on what you think. Thanks in advance if you do :)

    xo Krystal
    captivatingkrystal.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete