Friday, May 3, 2013

Home, Sweet Home

Yesterday, we FINALLY got our stuff! You guys honestly have no Idea how excited I am to start setting everything up. I need to nest! The house is no where near where I want it to be just yet, but that will be fixed soon! I see a few IKEA trips in my near future. I apologize in advance for the picture overload, but I am a tad bit excited about this and I wanted to share all of my cute things with you guys! I hope you enjoy this small glimpse into my house!

The Living Room:




 I have an obsession with Modern Family. It's always on. ALWAYS.


If you don't already know, I am really into photography. Decorating my living room in cameras wasn't exactly planned, however. One day I was browsing through Hobby Lobby (an American craft store for those of you who don't know) and I came across the worlds most amazing fabric, covered in black and white vintage cameras. I bought a few yards and immediately mailed it to my MIL to make some pillows out of. I didn't intend for them to be used on my couches, since my couches are tan, but it just kind of happened. The colors aren't perfect together, but I don't care too much. 

 

Our living room is kind of ginormous. It's supposed to be a living/dining area, I think. In the dining room half, there is a section of windows where I decided to make a little sitting area. The chairs are pretty ugly, but they're just temporary.  The mantel in the picture above is in the center of the dining/living area. I am so excited to decorate this according to the seasons! Also, I have a slight obsession with orchids. I have two in my house right now, but I'm planning on adding more as soon as I can. They're my favorite!

The Bedroom:



I have so many plans for this room as far as decorating goes. I want it to be nice and bright, so it's easier to wake up and start my day each morning. I have an obession with the yellow/grey combo. I think that it's really classy looking, and also isn't too girly. Being married, I couldn't really have a girly, floral and pastel themed room. I added a few girly touches though, with the little bit of floral and bows on the accent pillows. I think that's about as much as I can get away with. Eventually, I would like a couple of chevron chairs and an ottoman to make a small reading area with. I want our bedroom to be as inviting and as comfortable as the living room. 
Hopefully, over the next few months I will be able to really bring our house together to make it a home. Slowly but surely, it'll get there. Once everything is all in its place, I will post pictures of the actual rooms, instead of just my furniture and whatnot. 

I hope you all have an awesome weekend! Tomorrow, the husband and I are going to Venice! I can't wait! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow your pillows and bedsheets are sooo nice 0_0 it's like a picture straight out of a home decor magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely! I am obsessed with grey, it adds to so many different things (outfits, room decor...), and then I love how you added in the lemon yellow and white, it gives the bedroom some energy. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete