Monday, July 22, 2013

Revlon Lip Product Collection

Howdy! 

I know, I know. You're all thinking "Where have you been?!" And honestly, I just haven't felt like blogging over the past couple of weeks. So ya know what? I didn't! But now, I'm back in the game. I know it's horrible blogger etiquette to post so sparatically, but what can I say? I'm a busy woman. Between working out and yoga, my house wife duties, and spending time with my husband, I really don't have much time to work on this project of mine. But I'm here today and I'm trying to make some sort of schedule, so bear with me.
Today, I wanted to share with you something that is my favorite to see on other blogs or on YouTube. And that is my Revlon lip stick collection! Now, seeing Revlon Lip Stick collections aren't my favorite, but seeing collections of certain prodocts or entire makeup collections are my favorite! Mostly, I just like to see that others are just as big of a hoarder as I am. Te he ;)


As most of you already know, I never liked the Revlon Lip Butters, until recently. I've jumped on the band wagon. I decided to cave in, and I did so whole heartedly! I don't have as many as most Lip Butter junkies, but I think having four of one particular lip product makes me a definite lover! 
The next Revlon lip product that I can't get enough of are the Jst Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. L.O.V.E. I love love love love love these! Over the past few weeks I've branched out of my normal color range and have picked up a few new shades. I'm actually missing two from these photos, because I can't for the life of me find them. :(

Left to right: Cherry Tart, Wild Watermelon, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie

 Left to Right: Raspberry Pie, Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon, Cherry Tart.

Now, I know that these come off as pretty dull in the swatches, but they are far more pigmented on the lips. This is the reason that I was never crazy about them. All of the swatches I had seen were dull and pretty lack luster. But when I finally decided to actually give them a go, I realized that they had much more to offer and I absolutely love them! 
Now, the staying power of these isn't anything great. I'd say about an hour or so. But from something with a super moisturizing, light weight formula, I don't think you can expect too much. 

 Left to right: Romatic, Smitten, Rendezvous, Darling, Honey. 

Left to right: Romatic, Smitten, Rendezvous, Darling, Honey. 

Ah, my balm stains! These are so so great! I'd say that this is definitely one of those "better on the lips" products, much like the lip butters. My two favorites of the bunch are Smitten and Honey. Honey is a beautiful mauvey nude. It's that perfect "my lips but better" shade. My next favorite is Smitten. It's a gorgeous bright plummy/pink. While this is definitely more of a Fall/Winter shade, I love it for all year round. I'd say that the purple hues look the best on me, that's why this one is my go to. 
For the perfect every day red lip, I love to use the balm stain in Romatic with the lip butter Candy Apple on top. The stain makes the color last a good 4 or 5 hours, and the lip butter gives a little bit more pigmentation and dimension. It's a very wearable, muted red lip, so it's perfect for running errands and other day to day tasks. You should definitely try it out! 
I can't wait for the PX to have their Revlon products 40% off so I can pick up more shades. With the PX prices, the sale will make these $2-$4 a piece! They normally run this sale every other month, so I will definitely be on the look out. I encourage all of you other military spouses to check your PX, too! And for those of you non-military, COUPONNNSSS! I highly recommend using them so you can stock up on these babies! 

Which Revlon lip product is your favorite? What's your favorite shade and which sould I pick up next? Let me know!


3 comments:

  1. Hah, I have all the lip butters you have except for cherry tart, you should check out red velvet, that is a great one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Revlon lip products. I have soo many of the lip butters :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they're all just so delicious! I'm a huge fan of both of these already. Honey is a go to product in my purse.

    erinbulger.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete