Saturday, August 10, 2013

Most Used Brushes


Like most makeup junkies, I have an extensive collection of brushes. I have extras, backups, and brushes that I honestly have no idea what their use is. In total, I'd say I have somewhere around 30 or 40 brushes. (I buy in kits and lots and lots of elf!) Even though I have so many brushes, I generally stick to using the same ones, over and over again. 


As you all know, I love my Real Techniques brushes. But then again, who doesn't?! If you don't own these brushes yet, you MUST! Seriously. I love all of these and I really don't think that I have a favorite from these two collections, but if I had to pick, I'd have to the that the buffing brush and the all over shadow brush are my two favorites. But I really love them all. The contouring brush is great, and so is the fluffy crease brush! 
I know that most people use the buffing brush for foundation, but I prefer it as a blush/powder brush. I don't find that it is dense enough to apply foundation, but that's just me. 




The next two brushes that I love are the Sephora Proffessionnel Contour Blush/Bronzer brush and the Eco Tools Blush brush. These two brushes are ones that I have seriously had for years. If you're on a budget, I highly suggest Eco Tools. They are probably the most affordable, best quality brushes you can buy. They really do hold their own. and they are made incredibly well! I love to use the Sephora contour brush to really blend out my bronzer and blush. It is super dense and the bristles don't have a lot of give, so it blends beautifully!


My next three most used and from e.l.f. You all know how much I love this company, and for good reason! The brushes from their Studio line are so incredible! In my opinion, they are softer than my RT's. The only reason that I like RT's more is because the quality is better. It's mostly in the weight on the handles, not so much the actual hairs on the brushes. If you are looking for some really nice brushes, but don't have the money to invest in something like Sigma, I would definitely recommend any of the brushes from e.l.f.'s Studio line! My favorites are the powder brush (more of a flat top kabuki), the large stipple brush, and the small stipple brush. The stipple brushes are perfect for cream products, like blushes and highlighters. I even use the small stipple brush for contouring, especially my nose. 

Which makeup brushes are your go to's? Do you tend to gravitate towards the same ones, over and over?


No comments:

Post a Comment