Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wet N' Wild Pop Art Craze











If you keep up with the beautysphere, I'm sure you've heard more than enough about Wet N' Wild. If you're in the States, you may or may not have heard of their Spring/Summer collection, Pop Art Craze. I have seen this collection, full of bright, bold colors, all over YouTube this summer. I was a bit skeptical to try these out, and didn't even give it much thought. The PX on our post rarely gets in new items as far as makeup goes, so I knew my chances of getting these in my hands were slim to none. 


Much to my surprise, when browsing the makeup isle at our PX, there were one of each of the six limited edition trios. I really wanted to get all of them, but the other three were a bit scary to me, so I left them on the shelf. The three that I picked up were (from left to right) Hard Being The It Girl, A Regular At The Factory, To Muse And Carouse. Seeing these names, I am pretty sure these are influenced by Andy Warhol. 



I absolutely love these! I am a very strict neutral girl when it comes to my shadows, but I really wanted to try to mix things up. I feel like the shades I picked up are perfect because they're half bold, half neutral. All of the shades are matte, which is LOVELY, besides the brown, which has the slightest bit of shimmer. Like all Wet N' Wild shadows, these are so buttery soft!


Hard Being The It Girl is a very lovely trio! The blue is absolutely beautiful, and is the perfect amount of pop against the other two shades. Personally, I would probably reverse the pink and yellow, because I think that pink is a smidgen too bright as a brow bone color. My only complaint is that the yellow is a tad powdery. This is a problem I've found in the lightest colors of all three trios. You jut have to make extra sure to tap away any excess to reduce the amount of fall out. 


A Regular At The Factory is definitely the brightest of the bunch. I'm a little weary to use it, but I think that these colors are absolutely stunning! The blue shades in each palette really stand out. Their pigmentation is incredible! I'm not sure if I will ever use all of these colors together, but I can definitely see using these as pops of color in my every day routine. 


 To Muse And Carouse is my FAVORITE! I absolutely love all of the colors in this trio. It's the perfect neutral eye with a bit of pizzazz. Again, the blue is beautiful! I have always been scared to wear colors, because I feel like with darker eyes you have to stick with neutrals, but apparently I was very wrong about that. The more I read the more I learn that us brown eyed girls can actually wear any color we want! I can see the brown crease color becoming a favorite of mine. It's so smooth and it has the perfect   satin/matte finish. 

All in all, I am very pleased with this collection from Wet N' Wild. I give these trios a 4 out of 5, only because some of the shades are a tad powdery. But for less than $3, you really can't beat these! I can't wait to get my hands on their newest military inspired collection this Fall! Since I will be in the States pretty soon, I plan on stocking up on all the new products. 

Have you tried Wet N' Wild products? What do you think? Let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment