Monday, November 11, 2013

Benefit Rockateur Blush Review


Since the moment it arrived I couldn't wait to get my hands on Benefit's newest boxed powder blush. The name sounded so badass, and the swatches of this rose-gold blush made me swoon. I had to have Rockateur in my hands ASAP! 

During my trip back to the States, on one of my many Sephora trips, I picked up my very own. Since then, it's been my "go-to." I love it so much! The color is a beautiful rose gold in the box, but once on the skin it's a warm, perfect for fall/winter deep rose. Because this shade is so deep, I don't tend to contour on the days when I wear it. I feel that this shade and bronzer together will deepen my skintone too much for the season. 


The packaging is the basic Benefit boxed powder box. But I'm going to come out and say that the packaging is pretty gross. I feel like they could have done so much more. Benefit is known for their gorgeous packaging, and I feel like this particular package is lacking the Benefit "wow" factor. 



 The product itself features a pretty nifty prism design with the work "Rock" embossed on the top. This part is definitely different from the other blushes we've come to love from this company. I do think the design is very pretty, but I think they could have done without and actually put more product in. 
Benefit has went down in product amount pretty significantly. I'm not sure if this is across the board or if it's just for Rockateur, but they've cut down three grams, making it five grams instead of the usual eight. And no, the price did not go down. Come on, Benefit! Not cool. 






Please excuse my poors and untamed eyebrows. It wasn't a full face kind of day. 
    
As you can tell from the swatches, Rockateur isn't exactly as rose cold as it appears to be in the box. It's actually a more warm rose color with orange undertones. It warms up the skin so beautifully! It will definitely be my go-to blush color for the next few months. 

All in all, do I love this blush? Absolutely. Is it my most coveted Benefit blush to date? No, but not a whole lot will ever beat my beloved Coralista. Could Benefit have done a better job with the packaging/overall design? Of course. Based on product alone, I give this a 5/5. But if we're going to do an overall judgement of this, just because the packaging is horrid (in my book) I give it 4/5. 

I hope you all found this review helpful! 
Which Benefit Boxed Powder is your favorite? 


No comments:

Post a Comment